Dog Park Has Been Reopened - January 2015
Location: 3839 Bradshaw Road
Days/Hours of Operation: Open seven days a week, 8 a.m. to dusk
Located in front of the new Sacramento County Animal Care Shelter, the Bark Park totals two acres, with separate areas for large and small dogs, and is equipped with doggy drinking fountains. The park was constructed in partnership with grant money from the County Department of Regional Parks
The Sacramento County Animal Care Shelter is one of the first municipal shelters in the nation to have a dog park located at the shelter. By providing a dog park, we are encouraging dog owners to follow existing leash laws by providing a location they can allow their dogs off-leash to get plenty of exercise and where they can meet and socialize with other dog owners. Sacramento County Code Title 8 references leash laws that state that dogs must be on a leash at all times unless they are in designated areas.
To use the BARK PARK:
- All dogs must be wearing a County or city license.
- All dogs must be spayed or neutered.
- No choke or prong collars on dogs.
- No food or dog treats in the park.
- No smoking
- Dogs must be on a leash when entering and leaving the park.
- Owners must clean up after their dogs.
- Dogs must be supervised by an adult over 18 years old at all times.
Other dog parks in Sacramento County