Dogs and cats can contract rabies through contact with animals including bats and skunks. Did you know that cats can contract and spread rabies, too? It is a Sacramento County regulation that dogs and cats over four months old be vaccinated for rabies and licensed.
VIP Petcare Vaccination Clinic: 3839 Bradshaw Road, Sacramento, CA 95827
- The clinics are run by VIP Pet Care and you can find a list of services and pricing available at VIPPetcare.com.
- Online check-in is required via smartphone.
- All dogs must be on leashes - all cats must be in carriers
- Dog and cat licenses may be purchased during our walk-in hours Tuesday-Sunday between noon and 4:30pm - cash or check acceptable
- Rabies/Vaccinations, Microchipping, Deworming, Testing, and other services are available
VIP Petcare Clinic Schedule: (Please check the website for schedule changes)
*Please visit the VIP Petcare website for updates on new clinic procedures.
- Thursday, January 13, 3:00pm - 5:00pm
- Thursday, February 10, 3:00pm - 5:00pm
- Thursday, March 10, 3:00pm - 5:00pm
- Thursday, April 7, 3:00pm - 5:00pm
- Thursday, May 5, 3:00pm - 5:00pm
For a list of VIP Petcare locations, visit the Find a Location page.
Community Spay and Neuter (CSN) Clinic Vaccinations: Building next to Bradshaw Shelter
Find other Low-Cost Vaccinations in our region and Affordable Veterinary Services in our region.
Free BAAT Clinic: Vaccines, microchips, ID tags, collars, deworming, flea prevention, low-cost spay/neuter vouchers, and treatment of some minor medical issues available for eligible low-income Sacramento County Residents. For details, call (916) 875-BAAT.
Importance of Microchipping: Microchipping your pet can help reunite you if your pet becomes lost. For more details, visit Microchip Pet IDs page.
Microchipping Information: If you adopted your dog or cat from the Bradshaw Animal Shelter, your pet may have been registered through the Michelson Found Animal Registry. Please contact them if you need to update your pet's information at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the microchip number on file. If you need assistance locating your microchip number, please contact our staff at email@example.com. If you microchipped your pet through VIP Petcare during one of our monthly clinics at the shelter, visit VIPPetcare.com and click on "request pet records" at the top of the page.